Friday, March 28, 2008

The Busy Bakers








This winter we have had a lot of opportunities to bake some yummy treats like this Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake from the Feb/March issue of Cook's Country. Daughter, Abigail, helped with the cherries.
My son, Will, is shooting for the blue ribbon at the fair with his Challah Bread. He bakes two loaves every week. One to keep and one to share. I think he's going to be ready for the competition in August. Then my patient pie mentor, Esther, recently came for a visit and we spent a whole morning baking a cherry pie and this lemon meringue pie.
My DB entry will be posted a day late since I will be on the road this weekend.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I'm still trying to learn the post/edit techniques for blogging. This post looked a lot different on the preview. Sorry for all the bland space. Vicky