Monday, January 7, 2008

Baking in Oklahoma

Wow, that was easy. (Setting up the blog.) Now the fun begins!

I've just signed up for The Daring Bakers Challenge. I can't wait for the first recipe to arrive. Happy Baking!

PS-The title for my blog is obvious to anyone who has ever lived in Oklahoma during the summer. I have lived here for almost 18 years and I love this place, but it can be hot around July - September. I limit my baking then to bread machine recipes (which includes an easy english muffin bread that is baked in the microwave from James Beard's book: Beard on Bread) and no bake cookies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki! Saw you on the Dbers list and wanted to say hi :)

Jaime said...

i just joined the DB this month too, just checking out everyone else's blogs, wanted to say hello :)

Snug said...

bread baked in the microwave? how strange and cool at the same time :).

TeaLady said...

And another Newbie to the DB - me too! Can't wait for first recipe. In Louisiana it is also hot in summer. Have you tried a convection oven. It is what I use quite a bit in the Hot Months!

And HELLO!!